Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas... check.

Anyone else feel like Christmas is draining? I tell myself every year that I am not going to let it get the best of me, but somehow it does. I am glad to see it go every year :) I am a bit of an idealist, however I like to think that my idealism is balanced with a fairly healthy view on life. With that said, there is too much pressure during the holidays... more importantly, I think it is important to not forget what Christmas is really stands for. I am Christian, so don't take this the wrong way if you do not share my views, I am simply sharing my thoughts and not trying to tell you how to think. There is something to be said when we do not celebrate the greatest event in all history; the Creator becoming part of His creation. That's why the Christ-mass was started in the first place, so that we would set a day aside to reflect on the miraculous act of God becoming flesh and blood to bring about our salvation. It has been bothering me this year in particular that I do not make more of an effort to focus on this as the head of my household, with all the craziness that goes along with life during the holidays. I think my New Year's resolution will be to take more seriously the message of Christmas in 2011...

I know it has been a while since I last posted... sorry for that. As I said, we have been busy. Here is another picture of Molly and Alonzo's wedding which I am working on right now.

Photobucket

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)