Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Memphis, Son!

Soooo, I am really bad about posting timely blog posts about fun things that we do :) We were in Memphis 3 weeks ago, am I am just now getting this blog post up and running. I am working on it, I promise :)

We spent the following day in Memphis after Matthew and Jennifer's wedding and had a pretty killer time. As much as we love shooting weddings, there is something magical about the following day and not having any responsibilities. Weddings, especially for me, come with a lot of expectations; 'There is only one chance to capture everything going on, so don't blow it!' kind of pressure :) So, the thought of spending a whole day with my bride in a new city without the responsibility of being photographers OR parents was awesome! It was the first time for us to be away from the kids for so long, so of course we were missing them like crazy, but we still had a great time.

Check out our day...

Photobucket
I didn't know they had a ginormous pyramid in Memphis...
Photobucket
Photobucket
My hot wife :)
Photobucket
'Here comes the smolder'...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
LOVE these yellow trees, which I recently found out are Ginkgo trees. (fact provided by Dr A. Osteen, MD)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rendevouz... BBQ so good you'll slap your mamma :)
Photobucket
Old meets New
Photobucket
Photobucket
After much persistence, Emily did a 'leaves falling' portrait :)
Photobucket

One of my favorite parts of our day to Memphis was our spontaneous trip to the zoo. Memphis has a killer zoo! I had no idea, as I... well, I don't keep up to snuff on what zoos are out there :) Anyway, after a few minutes, I ran back to the car to get the camera because this was not your ordinary zoo... you could actually SEE the animals :) If you've been to the PHX zoo, you know what I mean.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I've decided this is my favorite monkey ever, the Langur. SO hilarious :)
Photobucket
:)
Photobucket
Much better view...
Photobucket
This one is my personal favorite photo I have ever taken of an animal...
Photobucket
Photobucket
'There's a smile!' :)

Finally, when it was late, we headed downtown for some good Jazz music. I didn't take many photos here because the lighting was terrible, but here is one from Beale St. which is the place to be in Memphis on a weeknight.
Photobucket

So that was our trip... I promise that next time we go somewhere exciting I won't post 3 weeks after the fact :)
Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. I love there you guys! For whatever reason, I really love the elephant butt shot! LOL... and I adore the pic of Emily standing in the leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy vey! Sometimes I forget to spell check before I click "post comment". I meant to say I love these... not I love there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like it was such a nice trip. Great job on the photos with the animals. Esp. the elephant butt one. Lol. and the wolf. (I think it's a wolf). Your favorite one. It really is a GREAT photo. You really captured the essence of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jill Haha :) I do that ALL THE TIME! I'm so used to my iPhone auto spell that I make stupid mistakes so often :) Did you notice the reference to Dr Osteen? :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)