Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Trey and Megan: A Belly shoot (sort of :)

My very good friends Trey and Megan are about to have a baby boy and we have been trying for months to get together to do a maternity session with them but our schedules have been crazy. Well we were finally able to put it together last week Sunday which was a HUGE blessing because if it didn't happen then, I don't know that it would've at all.

I shot this one solo (which is the norm these days for anything other than weddings as leaving our 2 adorable babies behind for small photo shoots is just TOO hard :) Trey and Megan have done a couple other photo sessions but this was my first one with them. They didn't come into it with a bunch of expectations which meant I got to paint on a blank canvas. This is always challenging yet VERY enjoyable because I have to be more creative but also that I can just do whatever I want ;) And being that they are good friends of mine, we all felt really comfortable and just had a good time. I also felt the freedom to try a bunch of ideas that I had no idea if they would work or not... I do this anyway, as I tell all of our clients during a photo shoot, but I felt like I could try some stuff that just sounded ridiculous, even in my OWN head :) And, surprise to me, some of it came out looking great! Trey and Meg are SO much fun and I had a blast shooting their session. They really wanted pictures to remember this season in their life. I LOVE this photo shoot because I think that we really captured their personalities in it; goofy, fun, not too overly lovey-dovey yet still affectionate, joking around, relaxed, etc. Here are some of my favorites, enjoy!

Photobucket
SO Trey and Meg :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was a pretty cool shot because I was about to pose them and the baby started kicking. So instead of just doing a pose, we captured a real moment. It is so common yet when you really think about it, it's amazing! A tiny, little precious baby inside of his mommy's tummy kicking and his parent's getting to feel him. They haven't seen him but there is only a thin layer of skin in between them. Crazy :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cool shoes, and also the shoes they were married in :)
Photobucket
Trey being Trey
Photobucket
Photobucket
And my favorite saved for the last shot.
Photobucket
Thanks again guys, you rock! Now get that baby out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)