Friday, January 14, 2011

A Wedding Post: Molly & Alonzo

High everyone, I hope you all had a great week! I am finally finished with Molly and Alonzo's wedding pictures and glad to be so :) I have had a hard time with these ones because I just love so many of them! This has been one of our favorite weddings we have done, and I am so happy with how their images came out.

A bit about the bride and groom:

Alonzo is not a loud and outspoken individual; on the contrary, he is a pretty laid back and balanced guy. When we got together with them for the first time before they had even booked us, Molly did most of the talking and asking of questions as she had the planner and all the details nailed down :). Alonzo just took everything in; some might take this to be shyness, but I guarantee you that anyone that knows Alonzo knows he is NOT shy! I could tell immediately that, although he was quiet, he was a strong minded individual. On the day of their wedding, it was cool to see how all the people that know Alonzo acted around him; whatever it is about him, he carries so much respect with the people in his life. And, after all, he stole Molly's heart so we know he's doing something right :)

Molly is the energetic one of the 2 :) Emily recalled that several times while Molly and the girls were getting ready, Molly would just explode with joy, jump up and burst out saying "AHH! I'm getting married today!" She is a HUGE planner and wants to know exactly what is going on and how everything is working together :). She has a goofy and playful sense of humor which is so fun to watch; she's making jokes and Alonzo just watches and laughs; so rad! :) And I don't think it would be doing it justice if I didn't mention how she loves her man... the way she looks at him, and absolutely respects her husband cannot be put into words.

They have a deep spiritual life which was mirrored by their ceremony. They have a deep love for one another that is captivating. They had a beautiful wedding day. See for yourself...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The girls praying before Molly goes to share her vows with Alonzo before their wedding in private.
Photobucket
An anxious bride, her vows in hand, making sure that she looks perfect for her soon-to-be husband...
Photobucket
Alonzo waiting for his lady... he looks nervous :)
Photobucket
A happy couple...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Molly and Alonzo wanted to share their vows with each other in private so I stood back at a distance, out of earshot, so they could be alone while I captured the moment. I don't know how to explain it, but I felt like I was a hostile intruder in this incredibly intimate moment. They have such a deep connection and are so vulnerable with each other, I honestly felt like I was witnessing a moment that a camera shouldn't even be allowed to capture. At the same time, though, I was so mesmerized by it that I couldn't look away. I just kept smiling on the inside and thinking "Oh my God, this is amazing!"
Photobucket
Molly sharing her vows with Alonzo...
Photobucket
Alonzo asks his bride to dance... there is no music necessary here. I actually think that music would have taken away from the moment instead of adding to it.
Photobucket
They eventually called me over to do their couple shots... Love these guys :)
Photobucket
By far my favorite portrait of the year... Alonzo is one lucky guy! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Molly's idea :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
A beautiful day for a wedding at Doubletree Paradise Valley...
Photobucket
The boys...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Molly's Grandfather had the honors of walking her down the aisle...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Molly waiting to walk down the aisle.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The moment every bride waits for... it's probably all about that look in his eyes :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A heavenly blessing on this new union...
Photobucket
If that look doesn't say she adores him, I am blind.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
He gets to kiss her :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
They had the BEST Mariachi band I have ever heard... ever :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Their first dance...
Photobucket
That is one VERY happy bride... Her face says it all :)
Photobucket
Tears at her Grandfather -Daughter dance... she has a new most important man in her life...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Molly's sister giving a toast.
Photobucket
Photobucket
They even had a photo booth :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was a family member of Molly's and he wouldn't let anything keep him from dancing... he was AWESOME!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Planning a wedding and don't have a DJ yet? This is Dave from Desert House Productions... trust me when I say you want to book this guy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
you may recognize this guy... He was one of our grooms a few months back. This is DJ leading the way in the Mexican tradition which name has been lost on me :)
Photobucket
Brave man :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dance party 2010
Photobucket
I call this one 'Get that'
Photobucket
This is Molly's freaking awesome brother-in-law... If I didn't have to act professional, I would have been on the ground rolling in fits of laughter at this guy... he was hilarious!
Photobucket
And this is his wife, Molly's sister...
Photobucket
Sheila in the moment... she laughed when she saw I caught her in this shot but this is what it's all about... the moments you WANT to capture in an image, not just the typical 'smile and say cheese' :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Picture perfect
Photobucket
Kids always find ways to entertain themselves :)
Photobucket
A last dance before the beginning of their lives together...
Photobucket
A teary-eyed mom saying bye to her beautiful daughter... I can only TRY to understand this... having a daughter of my own helps, but it is hard to understand the magnitude of giving away a child in marriage and watching them start a NEW life with someone else. I will be there one day and the thought of it scares me.
Photobucket
The day is done. The party is over. Molly and Alonzo leaving the party. Tired yet content, a metaphor for life :)
Photobucket

Alonzo and Molly, we absolutely loved and were honored to capture your wedding day. May the Lord bless your marriage and keep you, and cause His face to shine upon you...

Andrew

3 comments:

  1. awesome you two!! These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are, hands down, my favorite wedding photographs that you guys have ever taken! You're getting better and better with every wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible! i loved every one!

    ReplyDelete

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)