Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Wedding Post: Michael and Kelsey

My apologies to everyone that came to our blog on Monday expecting to see Kelsey and Michael's wedding pictures! Our baby boy Wyatt was born on Sunday night and I couldn't get to finishing their wedding. I DID throw in the disclaimer that I wouldn't have posted their wedding if he came, but I was sort of kidding :) I really didn't think he was coming over the weekend, funny how things happen!

Let me start by saying that this was one of my personal favorite weddings, photographically speaking; the details, the venue, the bride, the groom, it was all picture perfect. Emily and I knew that we really needed to nail this one perfect and I am REALLY happy with the finished product :)

When we first met Michael and Kelsey, we had an immediate connection, which is always a good sign :) I didn't meet either of them until we went to check out their venue, Inspirador in Chandler (this is on my new top 3 favorite venues, btw :)... a huge thanks to Andrea and the rest of the staff who made this wedding an incredibly flawless and smoothly run event). They are more mature than most young people getting married because they are a bit older than your typical bride and groom. This was a fun change of pace for us...

Michael is a trial lawyer and loves his job. He said, and I quote "If I could be in front of a jury all day long, I would be a happy man." Whenever I think of trial lawyers, my mind goes to TV shows and movies I have seen, as is common of our culture in that we get our 'facts' from the entertainment industry. Once again, they are WRONG :) Michael is no shark in a suite; he is a pretty quiet guy for the most part, with a gentle nature about him and a really FUN sense of humor.

Kelsey is the spark of energy in their relationship; she is a spunky and outgoing ball of happiness that Emily and I have adored since meeting her :). She is a teacher and seems to love her job, life, husband, etc. She is Michael's heart through and through, and that's no lie. He is so captivated by this wonderful young lady he could hardly take his eyes off of her the whole wedding :). She also has a mouth-roaring food blog that will have you in the car and out to the store in no time to pick up the necessary ingredients to create whatever piece of culinary deliciousness you saw on her website! Check out her blog HERE...

What a cute couple, am I right?! Their wedding day was perfect and they had such a great time, as did their guests. Here are the images of the wedding, I hope you enjoy :D

Photobucket
Photobucket
The Crown Plaza San Marcos Resort, where Kelsey got ready.
Photobucket
Kelsey's sister Taylor was a Mac makeup artist, which always comes in handy I'm sure :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then we took a short trip over to Uptown Bridal to put on Kelsey's dress...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I can only imagine what a mother feels watching her daughter getting dressed for her wedding day :)
Photobucket
A great moment; Cayter, Kelsey's other sister, overwhelmed with joy for her sis...
Photobucket
This is Ali... a sad but special story here; Michael's sister passed away a year ago. When Kelsey went into the bridal store to buy that all too important wedding dress, she ran into Ali, a pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, just like Michael's sister. She only tried on one dress and knew it was the one for her. Kelsey says "It's like Michael's sis saying 'here's your dress, now go marry my brother.'" A beautiful story to be sure :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Michael and his brother getting ready at Inspirador.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kelsey asking her dad if she looked pretty... I give so much credit to fathers for daughters who are confident in their beauty. I admonish all fathers to never stop telling their daughters how beautiful they are; it will make or break them, to be sure. If your daughter is asking you if she looks pretty, that is a very good sign; Kelsey's dad obviously did a great job :)
Photobucket
Kelsey and Michael exchanged gifts before the ceremony...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The first look says it all :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
A fun cocktail hour
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Michael and Kelsey really wanted a shot in front of the Chandler City Hall sign... Emily took this one and it came out better than mine so I swallowed my pride and am posting it :)
Photobucket
This is Michael's nephew who's mom passed away a year ago. In his sister's honor, Kelsey wore her veil for her wedding. This was a special shot, Kelsey wrapping the veil around him, symbolizing his mom always being with him.
Photobucket
Reception time!
Photobucket
Their first dance as a married couple...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kelsey dancing with her father.
Photobucket
Michael and his mom.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I call this one 'Dainty hands' :)
Photobucket
Not many classy couples have Guitar Hero at their wedding... well my answer is this; don't put Michael and Kelsey in a box or they'll school you with their mad Guitar Hero skills!
Photobucket
Michael throwing down a stellar guitar riff. I can almost here the fans screaming ;)
Photobucket
THIS is a fun couple.
Photobucket
Winding down the night.
Photobucket
We loved shooting your wedding, guys! It was a true honor and we wish you decades upon decades of happiness together!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Thank you so SO much for these pictures. They are so beautiful. You two were such a joy to work with. Never, for one second, did I worry about if a moment would be missed or how the pictures would turn out. Now I know why I didn't worry. These are exactly what I pictured when I dreamed about my wedding pictures. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! AMAZING! this post made my cry. the pictures are absolute perfection and you two were so super fun to work with. i'm speechless otherwise. wow!

    p.s. thanks so much for the kuddos! y'all are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...absolutely stunning. You did a fantastic job. Congrats again to the happy and gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG dude!! you guys are sooo incredible! i lllooooovvvveeeeeee the black and white shot posted right above the city hall picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seeing these, absolutely beautiful!! great work andy and em

    ReplyDelete

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)