Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weeds and Wyatt

Something must be going on here because this is blog post number THREE in THREE DAYS! :) Don't hold your breath waiting for another one, it might be a while :D.

I was working on editing a wedding and I started to get drowsy as it was the middle of the day for me. I decided to go out and shake off the sleepiness by pulling a few weeds in my backyard to get the blood flowing. Now, I have never had to take care of a yard flying solo before so you can imagine my surprise at how quickly weeds can grow! Here I am thinking to myself "Aren't they just supposed to stay dead when I kill them? What's all this 'growing back' nonsense?" And they came back with a vengeance...

Photobucket

I actually didn't mind as yard work is amazingly relaxing... I get to take in some fresh air as well as ponder about things that are usually shoved to the back of my mind. One being that my son, Wyatt, is going to be born any day now. It's not that I haven't thought about him as Emily and I talk about him every day. But talking about him and really pondering on him are 2 different things... It's hard for me to think about how having 2 kids will be different than one... I was told by a friend of mine that it affects the man in the marriage more; with just one, they are like your side-kick and all you have to do is not forget them in the car or when you leave home. :) But with 2, when one starts fussing and you want to give him/her back to mom, TOO BAD! She's already got one, go kick rocks. :D I am also a little anxious about the difference in raising a son as a opposed to a daughter. I am comfortable having a daddy's little girl, but what about a little buddy??? I hear that boys are so much easier than girls, so I am hoping for that to be the case! (Temple is so emotionally confusing for this simplistically minded guy :) Either way, I am excited but in a calm way. I am a very 'go-with-the-flow' kinda person so I just take things in stride. I would be lying if I said that having another kid when our other one is only 14 months is a bit scary, but I know that we will figure it out just like we did with Temple. I am more than cautiously optimistic about our new addition to our family, I am waiting anxiously with high expectations, if that makes sense... cool :)

1 comment:

  1. Abigail Nelson RodriguezApril 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM

    the toughest transition for me was from one to two! cuz then i was out numbered :) but now that their are three girls to love it does get easier! and takin things in stride is the BEST way to be a daddy to both girls and boys :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell us, what do YOU think? :)